The LOViT Traildogs
The "Traildogs" organization was established in the fall of 2005 as a group of volunteers dedicated to the construction and maintenance of the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail (LOViT). The organization consists of approximately thirty volunteers who provide support to the US Forest Service and Corps of Engineers in the design, planning, and construction of the Vista trail.
There are no meetings to attend and no dues. The Traildogs are notified through email of the planned workdays and join the construction teams as their schedules permit.
- initial layout and flagging of each new segment of the trail
- assistance in the actual construction of the trail
- installing benches and signs along the trail
- marking the trail with signs and blazing
- ongoing trail maintenance as needed
Traildog shirts are awarded to each participant at the completion of each new segment of the trail. A minimum of five work hours are required.