Lake Ouachita Vista Trail
Ribbon Cutting Ceremony
The Ribbon Cutting Ceremony to officially open the Lake Ouachita Vista Trail (LOViT) has been set for:
Date: Tuesday October 28, 1014
Time: 1:00 pm
Location: The Avery Recreation Area at the Lake Ouachita’s Blakely Mountain Dam in Garland County.
This forty-mile long trail system designed for mountain biking and hiking is the result of ten years of planning, design and construction by a coalition of a dozen local, state and federal organizations. The trail courses along the southern shores of Lake Ouachita over five mountains located in the Ouachita National Forest.
The agenda for the ceremony will include remarks by:
- Colonel John W. Cross, Colonel US Army Corps of Engineers
- Norman Wagner, Forest Supervisor Ouachita National Forest
- Joe David Rice, Arkansas Tourism Director
- Jeff Crow, Deputy Director, Arkansas Game & Fish Commission
- Steve Schneider, Regional Director, International Mountain Biking Association (IMBA)
Following the ribbon cutting, there will be a two-mile hike and bike event on the Blakely Mountain section of the trail. Shuttles will be provided.